SSC English Second Paper Question 2020
[According to the Syllabus of 2020]
[N.B. Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
- Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. You may need to change the forms of some words. You may need to use one word more than once:
An ideal teacher is (a) _____ compared with (b) _____ architect. He is called (c) _____ architect of a nation. He is the light of (d) _____ and makes the illiterate people (e) _____ citizens of our country. But it is a matter of regret (f) _____ the teachers are not held (g) _____ due respect in our society. They lead a humble life in the (h) _____ of want. Still they keep the light of education burning in order to remove the (i) _____ of illiteracy and superstitions (j) _____ the society.
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
Modern civilization is the (a) _____ of science. Science has worked (b) _____ a magician in the world. We can’t do even a (c) _____ day without the help of science. Many quick means (d) _____ communication like telephone, telex, fax, telegram, satellite etc. are (e) _____ greatest wonders of science. Nowadays a massage can be sent from one corner of the world to another in the twinkle of (f) _____ eye. Science has brought a revolutionary (g) _____ in all fields. In the field of medical science (h) _____ has got eyes, lame has got legs, deaf has got hearing power, (i) _____ diseases which were incurable in the past are now easily (j) _____.
- Make five sentences using the parts of sentences from each column of the table below:
to the battle field to save the country.
Our war of liberation
it without struggle.
People of all walks of life
the birth right of a nation.
- Complete the following text with right forms of verbs given in the box:
Traffic jam as a common affair in big cities of our country. Increasing number of vehicles (a) _____ traffic jam. Mainly it (b) _____ in the congested areas. Overtaking tendency also (c) _____ traffic jam. Some drivers (d) _____ the traffic rules and (e) _____ carelessly. It (f) _____ a lot of pains to the people. Ambulances (g) _____ patients cannot (h) _____ hospital timely. Students and office going people also (i) _____ due to traffic jam. This problem should be (j) _____ immediately.
- Change the narrative style of the following text:
Rina said to Sima, “why don’t you get up early from sleep”? Sima
said, “It is tough for me to leave bad early”. “Alas! It is a bad habit,” said Rina, “If you leave bed early, you can enjoy sound health. Follow my advice”.
- Change the sentences according to directions:
- Once upon a time there was a little girl named Tarin. (Compound)
- Though she was a nice little girl, she was not an ordinary (Simple)
- She passed her time in reading and writing. (Interrogative)
- Her parents liked her very much. (Negative)
- Everyone praised her. (Passive)
- She was very attentive to her study. (Exclamatory)
- She also helped her mother in her free time. (Complex)
- She never told a lie. (Interrogative)
- She was one of the most intelligent girls in the school. (Positive)
- She worked hard to shine in life. (Complex)
- Complete the sentence:
- No sooner had we reached the school _____.
- Unless you study attentively _____.
- Scarcely had the party begun _____.
- If I had known his mobile number _____.
- Work hard provided that _____.
- Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or both to the root words given in the parenthesis:
Bangladesh is an (a) dependent country, but she is still burdened with poverty, (b) population, (c) employ, corruption, food (d) deficient, natural calamities, power crisis etc. Considering all these, the present (e) govern has aimed at making a digital Bangladesh to (f) come most of these problems. The actual aim of (g) digit Bangladesh is to establish technology based government, which will emphasize the overall (h) develop of the country and the nation. The country has (i) ready fixed its target for the (j) achieve of Digital Bangladesh by 2021.
- Make tag questions of these following statements:
- Let’s have a walk outside the farm, _____?
- I am in the habit of walking every morning, _____?
- Morning entertains us with fresh air, _____?
- No one should miss the opportunity, _____?
- Have a try to form this habit of morning walk, _____?
- Complete the passage using suitable connectors:
The rapid growth of population must be controlled. (a) _____ all
sorts of attempts to solve food problem will fail. (b) _____ we
have to increase our food production rapidly. We may mostly,
solve our food by changing our habit. (c) _____, we can take
potato instead of rice. (d) _____ it is high time we changed our
eating habit. (e) _____, knowledge of nutritive value of food can
help to solve our food problem to a great extent.
- Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the
why are you going to barishal said father i want to buy some
important books said saad do you need money yes father dont go
alone as time is not going well.